This site, like many others, uses small files called ‘cookies’ to help customise your experience of our website.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
A visit to a page on stlukesmaidstone.church may generate the following types of cookie:
1. Our own cookies
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
2. Site performance cookies
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for tools found on stlukesmaidstone.church so you don’t have to reset them each time you visit.
- volume settings for the YouTube video player
- video streaming speeds that are compatible with your browser
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
3. Anonymous analytics cookies
Every time a user visits our website, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie.
It is important to remember that these cookies cannot be used to identify individuals; they are used for statistical purposes only.
3. Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
How do I turn cookies off?
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.
All modern internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use on the Internet, you may find the following links useful: